Early on vacation, we wonder what to bring our relatives and friends as gifts. Walking around the city, we look narrowly at the souvenir shops. To make the search take a minimum of time and be easy, we have prepared interesting gift options for you!
- Garnet jewelry. Czech garnet differs in the size of crystals – they are small. In specialized stores, you can easily find earrings, pendants, cufflinks and even USB flash drives.
- Bohemian glassware. Unique crystal products, which are still partly handmade in some factories. Your best bet is to buy vases, salad bowls or glasses made of Bohemian glass from Bohemia Crystal, Arzenal or Moser shops.
- Koh-i-noor pencils. This is a great gift for artists or kids. Graphite pencils have a durable lead and rich colors.
- Vltavin jewelry. A semi-precious stone that resembles an emerald is used to create many silver jewelry. This is a great and less expensive alternative to garnet.
- Aroma lamps. In the Czech Republic, nifty-looking fragrance lamps in the form of houses are sold. A candle is placed inside, and essential oil is dripped into the smoker. The product must bear the inscription “Handmade Czech Republic”.
- Pickled sausages. Czechs marinate sausages in beer and special marinades. In stores, you can even find a sausage product in jars with pickled cabbage.
- Hermelin cheese. It tastes like Camembert. Its texture is similar to this French cheese. At the same time, its price is much lower.
- Karlovarske oplatky. Waffles with mineral water from Czech springs. There are more than 15 types of fillings for them. They are sold both in the market and in supermarkets.
- Mineral water. There are several springs of therapeutic-table water in the Czech Republic. We recommend bringing “Mattoni” or “Kyselka” the kinds of mineral water from your vacation as a souvenir.
- Beer. This is the visiting card of the Czech Republic. There are a lot of types of beer here, so we recommend tasting before buying. It is better to buy a drink directly from the breweries.
- Slivovitz. Czech brandy based on plum juice. The stronghold of the drink is 45%. You can find it in any supermarket.
- Fernet Stock. Liquor infused with medicinal herbs. This is a great option for those who like to try unusual alcohol.
Decorative cosmetics and skin care:
- Beer cosmetics. The Czech brand “Beer SPA” is famous for its “beer” care products. They produce soaps, shampoos, creams, shower gels and other products. You may also find “beer” cosmetics from the ‘Manufaktura’ brand.
- Cannaderm brand goods. The cosmetics of this manufacturer is distinguished by the existence of hemp oil in the composition. It is great for treating acne and psoriasis.
- Dermacol Cosmetics. This brand is famous for its decorative cosmetics. Mascara, lipstick or eyeshadow palette is a great gift for friends.
The Czech Republic export embargo:
- historical or art values;